Guys & Gals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Guys & Gals  Reply with quote

From the beginning we were created both “male and female”, we were created in the image of God.  Consider the image from which we were created.  Gen.1:27; 6:19; Mat.19:4

The Godhead consists of the Father, the Holy Spirit and the Son.  Clearly, God the Father is masculine.  His will, His initiative, is perfectly honored and acted upon within the Holy Trinity.  According to the Bible the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father; in other words, the Holy Spirit bears the will of the Father unto fruition, thus the Son.  John 15:26  

Jesus claimed to do nothing of His own initiative.  He said, “As I see the Father do, I do”.  He further claimed that in and of Himself, He has no power.  John 5:19  

Jesus is the fulfilled will of God the Father, or in other words, the fruit of the Father's will.  This is why Jesus is identified as the Creator.  Jesus is the logos, the work/word of God.  John 5:30  

How can the Holy Spirit be understood in any other way than the feminine/bearer of the Father’s fruit?  Consider wisdom, throughout the Bible wisdom carries a feminine identity.  The Holy Spirit is our comforter, our life companion.

We all consist of motive, motivation, and from that relationship is born our life’s motion.  We are soul (will), spirit and body.  How did the Creator intend for these dynamics to work?

What culminates within the New Testament teaching is that we are to submit our will to the will of God the Father, just as Jesus did.  In other words, we are to subordinate our masculine inclination to His.  In so doing, we enable the Holy Spirit to produce divine fruit through our life.  The alternative is to follow our own personal will and accept responsibility for its fruit, knowing that God will reject it.  Remember Cain?  He brought to God fruit of himself, and God was not pleased.

It is important to understand that God accomplishes His will through relationships, and the foundational relationship is the masculine/feminine relationship.  All fruit (good or evil) is the result of relationships, either eternally legitimate, or temporally illegitimate.

Genesis 1:27  So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 6:19  And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Mathew 19:4  And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

John 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise
John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Last edited by Rick on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this subject too controversial to discuss?

Last edited by Rick on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Allen Hoerman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it is or not Rick...but I will probably make my debut on one of your other threads. I loved the Cain and Able one.
Russell Hoerman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it is controversial.
Rick

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controversial or not, I will wander further down this path!

Ephesians 5:22 “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”
Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”
Ephesians 5:31 “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”
Ephesians 5:32,33 “This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.  Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

This is a great mystery!  Christ and His bride the Church; the Church submits to and reveres Christ.  Christ loves and gives Himself up for the Church.  

It is not, however, a mystery that Paul speaks of two relationships (Christ/Church & Husbands/Wives) and their similarities.  It is also apparent that it is masculine to love and feminine to revere and submit.  

What examples do young people have today that honors submission and reverence?  How critical is submission and reverence in our relationship with God?[list]

Last edited by Rick on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic point, Rick.  I don't believe that the subject of masculine/feminine is controversial at all.  

I have not written much on this topic because I'm not as familiar with the Christ/Church masculine/feminine scripture writings.  This is my first exposure to the topic and haven't necessarily viewed submitting to God's will as a feminine dynamic in the past, as explained above.  

If that's how it's meant from the Bible, I trust it to be the truth.
Rick

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concept of giving and receiving is foundational.  My brother identified it as pitching and catching.  Whichever, if we are to move forward relationally with God, we must respect both the pitcher (God) and the catcher (Church).  

When was the last time you caught some of God's grace?
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruwach is a Hebrew word translated as "spirit" throughout the Old Testament.  Interestingly it is a feminine noun!

Strong's Hebrew 1 - 'ab
'ab (äv) masculine noun
Authorized Version — father 1205, chief 2, families 2, desire 1, fatherless + 0369 1, forefathers + 07223 1, patrimony 1, prince 1, principal 1

Strong's Hebrew 7307 - ruwach
Ruwach (rü'·akh) feminine noun
Authorized Version — Spirit or spirit 232, wind 92, breath 27, side 6, mind 5, blast 4, vain 2, air 1, anger 1, cool 1, courage 1, miscellaneous 6

Strong's Greek 3962 – patēr
Patēr (pä-tā'r) masculine noun
Authorized Version — Father 268, father 150

Strong's Greek 4151 – pneuma
Pneuma (pnyü'-mä) neuter noun
Authorized Version — Spirit 111, Holy Ghost 89, Spirit (of God) 13, Spirit (of the Lord) 5, (My) Spirit 3, Spirit (of truth) 3, Spirit (of Christ) 2, human (spirit) 49, (evil) spirit 47, spirit (general) 26, spirit 8, (Jesus' own) spirit 6, (Jesus' own) ghost 2, miscellaneous 21

When Christ spoke He was speaking Hebrew.  So when Christ spoke of the Holy Spirit He spoke a feminine noun, when recorded in Greek it was recorded as a neuter noun.  The following scriptures are spoken by Christ of both the Father and Holy Spirit.  

Mathew 10:20 for it is not ye that speak, but the Ruwach (feminine noun) of your Ab (masculine noun) which speaketh in you.

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Ab (masculine noun) give the Ruwach (feminine noun) to them that ask him?

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Ab (masculine noun), into thy hands I commend my Ruwach (feminine noun): and having said thus, he gave up the ghost (verb).

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Ab (masculine noun), in Ruwach (feminine noun) and in truth: for the Ab (masculine noun) seeketh such to worship him.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Ab (masculine noun), [even] the Ruwach (feminine noun) of truth, which proceedeth from the Ab (masculine noun), he (Strong's G1565 – ekeinos pronoun he, she it, etc.) shall testify of me:
Rick

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick update for those that are interested:
--Monica Dennington (Christian Singer and talk show host) is proclaiming that the Holy Spirit is "Mother". As a result Monica is being tagged as a heretic.  Personally I have yet to see any Biblical evidence justifying this outrage.

The Hebrew word for Spirit is "ruwach" which is a feminine noun.  This would be the word Jesus used when speaking about the Holy Spirit to His disciples.

According to Jesus we must be born of the Holy Spirit in order to enter the Kingdom of God.  A mother bears the fathers children.  The Holy Spirit bears God the Father's Children.

The idea of God as "Father" was introduced by Jesus, which under-girds His claim to be the only begotten Son of the Father.  It appears to me that in every way that God is Father, God is also Mother and dynamically the Holy Spirit is the only candidate.

This is not new thinking, there is solid historical evidence that this concept was not foreign in the early church and proclaimed by Count Zinzendorf during the early reformation period.

Certainly, we must be careful in regard to anything we proclaim that reflects directly on the nature of God.  I remain unaware of any reason that this teaching conflicts with the highest character of God.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read For Truth Forum Index -> Rick Hoerman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: